Welcome to our first blog entry of "Brown Bird Events Blog"! We are so happy you are here! Whew, this has been a journey thus far. If you are like millions of people around the planet in 2020, our world was not expecting a pandemic. Like you, we started planning our goals and aspirations and we were hoping and praying that this year was going to be the best year yet, however, we were all bombarded by an ugly reality that viruses, even in 2020, can still be real and vicious. It has caused many to have become gravely ill and sadly has taken the lives of thousands of people. If this has happened to you or a family member, we sincerely send condolences and virtual hugs.
If you are like me, you went into stealth mode and began comprising lists and plans of what you can do to survive and thrive the virus. Since I am not a medical expert, I will leave that to the CDC and our local governments. I do, however, have some happy news! "Planning and Preparation" during COVID-19 allows you to have a more focused and methodical approach to how you handle your household, job, career, and everyday life in the midst of the chaos! Here are a few tips to help get you to plan and prepare for your future:
1. Allow yourself to take a moment to think, breathe, create and process any feelings you may have.
2. Begin a checklist and divide it into sections for your family, business, career, job, household, and personal affairs. In addition, prepare by taking inventory of all pertinent tools and supplies needed to continue to operate during COVID-19.
3. Physical exercise is good for emotional and mental health. Try taking brisk walks and perform short intervals of "high intensity" aerobics to burn off calories and eliminate stress.
4. Begin to take on smaller projects like decluttering paperwork and office areas. Anything that does not bring you joy in your home, consider giving it away, recycling, or even throwing it in the trash if necessary.
5. Lastly, prepare and organize a list of things that you are most grateful for and read them aloud every time you want to complain or rant. It will begin to produce an attitude of gratitude in our time of need.
Well, that is all for now, in the meantime, check us out once a week for interesting topics on our blog and if you like what you see, I welcome you to check out my podcast, "The Birdseed"! Stay Blessed up and I hope you continue to LIVE WELL and remember here at Brown Bird Events, we thrive at "Mixing Creativity with Excellence"!
Brown Bird Events